First, what is hipster style?
Bye bye boho fashion and make way for hipsters who are generally between 18 and 25 years old. They have a trendy lifestyle and a completely offbeat look. The term hipster appeared in the 1930s and 1940s and designated white jazz fans fascinated by the cool attitude of their idols! There was a very clear mimicry between black jazzmen and their worshippers.
Much more than a style, hipster is a subculture with a look and lifestyle that goes against mass culture. Originally designating bohemian jazz-loving artists, the hispter movement as we know it today was born in the 2000s.
It is characterized by an absence of rules but by a dominance of vintage elements and a rather relaxed look. It has its origins in working-class New York neighborhoods rehabilitated by a wealthy class of bohemian bourgeois.
The hipster philosophy
Being a hipster is a way of life, it's much more than a style of dress. These people live somewhat against the grain of mass culture.
The hipster likes retro culture, auteur or arthouse films, he likes vinyl records, literature.
In general, he is green and dressed in an offbeat way, he loves oversized glasses and likes to sport a nice neat beard. He also likes to have a screw-on beanie or a hat for a more sophisticated look.
The chic hipster
He wears elegant pieces and has a dandy chic style. He likes beautiful raw jeans with a belt decked out with a big, clearly visible buckle, suit waistcoats over a pretty white shirt, suspenders, pocket watches and quirky bow ties (cork style, cardboard). And the beard is the icing on the cake to complete it all… A hipster without a beard is not really a hipster! At worst, he wears at least a classic or hyper-waxed mustache please.
The steps to create and maintain a hipster beard
- Perfectly shave cheekbones and neck. The neck must be very clean,
- Using a pair of scissors, cut the legs at the level of the ears so that this is neat too,
- Work and trim the mustache too,
- Then carefully trim the shape of your beard.
- Maintain your skin properly by exfoliating at least once a week.
- We hydrate our skin.
- And we take care of the hairs of his beard. We hydrate it, we brush it. Our aftershave Raz*War have exceptional nourishing properties not only for the skin but which can also be suitable for the hairs of your beard which need daily care.
Soften your beard
A beard is not pleasant when it is hard. Sweeten it up using our serums daily. It should be part of your morning or evening beauty routine. Hair, like hair, needs nourishment.